BlueChilli connects corporates, investors and entrepreneurs to solve the world’s greatest challenges.
We help talented founders build businesses using our purpose-built methodology designed to accelerate a startup’s path to launch, growth and scale.
Leveraging the hindsight and experience of serial entrepreneurs, lean startup experts and startup mentors in our program, in addition to selected business tools, BlueChilli helps founders build highly investable, scalable and well-designed businesses that are enabled by technology.
$1billion portfolio by 2020
We’ve reached our ambitious goal of creating 100 startups by 2016 – and now have a bigger goal of building a $1billion portfolio by 2020.
How we got started
BlueChilli was established by Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin in Sydney, Australia in 2012.
Sebastien, a serial entrepreneur, started his career as a weapons engineer in the Australian Navy. There he learned how defence force training equips participants to deal with extreme uncertainty with relatively predictable outcomes. Sebastien believed this same approach could be applied to startups: give founders the tools and knowledge to make highly effective decisions in the face of the uncertainty. Reducing risk, yet empowered individuals in the field.
BlueChilli is the leading startup accelerator in Australia and is expanding globally.
BlueChilli works with established business and corporates interested in:
- learning about what is happening at the front line of startup innovation,
- executing ‘startup style’ disruptive innovation,
- connecting with startups to collaborate on solving business problems or finding opportunities, and
- running external innovation projects.
We’ve worked with some of the best brands, doing some really cool stuff – take a look!
BlueChilli connects investors with a portfolio of high quality early stage startups, both directly and indirectly.
Our success is well-recognized
BlueChilli builds award-winning startups. Here’s just a few awards that BlueChilli, our team and our startups have won.
- 2015 Cuzin – Anthill Smart 100 of 2015
- 2015 WithWine – Anthill Smart 100 of 2015
- 2015 Cuzin – Winner Best Startup Idea, StartupSmart Awards 2015
- 2014 BlueChilli – Shoestring top Australian Mentors
- 2014 BlueChilli – Shoestring top 50 Australian male entrepreneurs
- 2014 WishRegistry – Women magazine women to watch in tech 2014
- 2013 BlueChilli CEO – EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2013 BlueChilli – Deloitte 7th fastest tech company Asia Pacific Fast 500
- 2013 BlueChilli – BRW 9th most innovative company of 2013
- 2013 BlueChilli – Shoestring top technologist of 2013
- 2013 Geepers – GeoNext people’s choice award
- 2012 BlueChilli – BRW 3rd most innovative company of 2012
- 2012 BlueChilli – Microsoft Silver Partnership
- 2012 Comwriter – Geelong ICT IT Invention Test competition winner
- 2012 StyleRocks – TiECON PitchFest
- 2012 BlueChilli – General Assembly Startup Brand of the year
- 2012 BlueChilli – City of Sydney Business of the year finalist
- 2012 GiggedIn – Anthill Smart 100 of 2012
- 2012 StyleRocks – Microsoft scholarship to DEMO Asia
- 2012 Eyecrowd – Unconvention pitch winner
Additionally our team have been recognized
- 2014 Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin Global Talent Unleashed Most Inspirational Leader Finalist
- 2013 Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – Australia EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2012 Catherine Eibner – ShoeString top Australian Mentor
- 2012 Alan Jones – ShoeString top Australian Mentor
- 2011 Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – Winner Australian Anthill 30 under 30
- 2010 Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – Winner Australian Anthill 30 under 30
- 2010 Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – IEAust Engineer of the Year nominee
Where are we?
Headquartered in Sydney with portfolio startups in most Australian capital cities and some regional areas, the US and Canada, BlueChilli is incubating startups in Sydney, Melbourne and New York.
Interested in connecting? Let’s talk!